Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dancing

Gah! Dancing class is cancelled yet again! Yes, guys and girls at home, I, Jessica, armed with my very unique brand of clumsiness and such, is attending dance lessons.

Whoop-dee-do.

My association with the term 'dance lesson' started one rather fine day in class. Wai Yi, my dear classmate, had been toying with the idea of going for dance lessons for awhile. And the smart-mouther managed to convince Quin to join. Adeline was all up for it, having had experience with dancing in her high school days.

Anyway...

Here comes Me in the picture.

Wai Yi to Me: Come la! Have fun! We are also not that good!

(FYI, she has got some experience in ballet and tap before. Hurhur.)

To make things short, reasons for dance class included:

i) To destress (After all, its on a Sunday. Two hours tops only!)
ii) To kiam-pui (a Hokkien word which means to keep fit and lose weight)

After much coaxing and some deliberation on my part, I decided to join the bandwagon.

*gulps*

Wai Yi has this aunt from church who is an experienced dance teacher and it is set that she will take us as her students.

Adeline even managed to ask another friend, Jo Yin, to tag along for the lessons.

On my way to the studio in Wai Yi's car, one thing kept playing in my mind. "What have I gotten myself into?!"

*major gulps*

HOWEVER...

I DID enjoy myself after the first class, though God help me, I was almost entirely inflexible and rigid.

And quite surprisingly, my joints and muscles didn't ache AT ALL after that.

*smiles in satisfaction*

The second class went on smoothly for me as well. But my coordination to the music was challenged here. I'd need more practise for that matter.

Third class saw a higher intensity in the dance routine. It was FUN and kinda exhilirating to be able to dance in tempo for a bit, albeit some minor and for my case, quite foreseeable cacat-ness.

Nevertheless, *smiles in satisfaction*

Overall, it was all good for me. But don't expect me to be dancing greatly anytime soon. :P

I grant you the permission to smile/snigger/snort/ LOL now.

1 comment:

  1. wooot you wrote about meee!! hahaha. :P glad you enjoyed it babe. next yr? :)

    ReplyDelete