Friday, April 24, 2009

When I observe

So I came back from uni today to hand in and get back some of my essays from the lecturers. The weather was acting up today. Again. It was almost, literally, bloody boiling-point HOT.


I felt hungry so I headed to McDonald's to have lunch. Waited for Mr. Mark for over an hour to get my Admin law essays from him. (FYI, he left the office to go pak-to with his wife, as frequently labelled by the other lecturers :P)


The longgggggggggg wait had induced my hunger to a point that was almost intolerable. But, I took my sweet time eating; munching on the nuggets and fries and sipping Coke. The not-so-helpful air cond and icy Coke helped minimize the heat building up inside me.


Anyway, my strategic seat and the fact that I was dining alone enabled me to maximise the usage of my senses.


Sense: Sound

There were a group of 3 China students sitting next to my table. And they were conversing in Mandarin at top speed. Being a banana (i.e. yellow on the outside but white on the inside) Chinese, I could barely understand a single thing that they said. It could as well pass off as another totally new language to me. You see, my Mandarin is the epitome of FAIL; in CAPS and bold. Only thing I could do was to observe their body language and tone once in a while, mind you. They seemed tense and tired. Must be the stress of studying. Exam season.


Sense: Sight

Hmm... I saw many rather interesting things.

One, two men accidentally entering and exiting the ladies' toilet. The second dude caught me looking at him as he exited the toilet and was ashamed. HAHA. His friend LOL at him, poor guy. The first guy exited, saw an adjacent door with the men's sign, and hurriedly escape from the place. He looked around to see if anyone had caught him using the ladies'. Too bad he didn't see me looking at him. *sniggers*

Two, a disgusting fat man sitting opposite me with his sweaty back turned against me. The red button down shirt he was wearing clung to him like second skin. Eww...


Three, the McD cleaning lady emptying a large rubbish bin. The lady was small in size and looked like she was well over 50 years old. The bin was bigger than herself. At that moment, I thought of the little things that these people do to ease our lives and how they tend to be overshadowed and forgotten by society. I feel blessed that they are here to help better our life; how they serve people like you and I who are fortunate and blessed with an abundance of everything that they don't enjoy... After eating I did my part by discarding the tray at the tray dispenser bin, hoping to ease her work even if it wasn't much.
Moral of the story: Count your blessings, you lucky ones.


This is related to no. 3. I noticed that the bursting bag of rubbish contained all sorts of unnecessary waste-plastic straws, plastic spoons, tissues, receipts, fry boxes, burger boxes, soda cups, plastic bags. And I thought of the Earth; how we, humans, churn out all these rubbish to add to the pollution of our Earth. As if there isn't enough damage done already. The boxes and cups are bio-degradable but what about plastic? They obviously cannot. Their importance would perhaps last for 10-20 minutes or so? Only when we need them to hold our food, sip our drinks. Afterwards, they will be discarded like they're nothing thus contributing to much unnecessary wastage. Seriously, the Earth doesn't need anymore of this.


Ah, before I forget, next to the sweaty fat man is another man. He was ordinary-looking and ate while reading the day's papers. Point is, this man looks like a shorter, more Asian version of Barack Obama. I was quite fascinated at my discovery. No, don't call me the thing opposite of paedophile. Harrumph. Here's Malaysia's own Mr. Obama to you;


The American. The real deal.

A bit alike right???!!!!



End of yet another post. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. "at full speed" hahahaha i understand how you feel. am as big a banana as you are =(

    wtf fail together gether

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yes at full speed. I have to agree with you.

    Gotta leave it to them to put my already miserable Mandarin to even more shame. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are a big banana? what does that make me then? hahaha

    and im so proud of your environmental-awareness post! nyeheheh :)

    i should be studying consti. oh well

    ReplyDelete