Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ushering in the month of September

September, September, September.

This month used to be the month which I would go really, really broke.

Reason being, MANY OF YOUR BIRTHDAYS FALL ON THIS MONTH!

We used to plan days, even months ahead as to what to buy for (insert name). But then time and distance, with the latter being the main reason, has slowly caught up on us.

The number of present buyers have dwindled drastically and the number of presents given/accepted dwindled along consequently.

Wishes are more practical now, with us being scattered all over the world.

That being said, I vehemently believe that IT IS REALLY THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS.

A text all the way from another side of the World, a phone call perhaps, would really make one's day (well, at least for me).

Anyway, being a free bird now, I actually had the time to sit down and ponder on what to write for my first post for September.

Then, light-bulb moment came. *Tink!*

What better way to kick start September with a post to wish my friends Happy Birthday?

*excited mode on*

1st September

1. Abir; who turns 21
2. Kean Fatt; who turns 20

I knew Abir from college. She helped me brave through college, which was the toughest episode yet of my 21 years of existence. I hearts this wonderful and outspoken woman dearly. She is truly a great friend and a good shopping/gossip/laughing/eating buddy. I shall miss you tremendously when you go back to Wales!

I knew Kean Fatt from uni. This dude is one of the most hilarious/outrageous person I've ever known. So open-minded is his mind that I sometimes admire him, just for that. He is one who takes life by its reins in a positive attitude. Shall see you real soon, Fatt!

2nd September

Nelly

Nelly was my ex-colleague, an up and coming, high-flying Lawyer. She's really down-to-earth, cute and has the amazing ability to laugh at herself. Her smile will brighten up anyone's day. Thanks for liking my chocolate chip cookies! :D

4th September

Siew Siew; who is turning 21

Siew Siew is one of my oldest friend (ever since Primary School). She has this timid voice that can go really loud if provocated. Hahaha. A strong advocate of almost everything Korean and Jap, Siew Siew is a really sweet person and quite the foodie, like me. She is single too, and ready to mingle *winks*

10th September

Tik Tsin, who is turning 21

TT is one of those people that you can count on. He has this cool demeanour about him, but do not be deceived! Once you know him well, be inspired/surprised/"-_-/ tickled to catch him doing his vanity-check (not to be confused with sanity-check ala Mr. Mark Goh). An avid phoptographer, this TT. This guy is an awetastic friend to have.

20th September

Joanne; who is turning 21

Josie-Joanne is my long time nick name for Joanne (it just has a nice ring to it). Another old friend of mine, Joanne can make you turn when you hear her laughter. Strong-willed and loud, she is pursuing medicine now and it is extremely stressful. Good luck and God bless, Josie!

29th September

Fiona; who is turning 21

My sweet, sweet Fiona who is an Angel in disguise! :P Fiona was my classmate from Primary 1 to Form 5. We went through thick & thin (well, almost) and grew up together. I'm proud that we still remain close although you've been overseas for 3 years. I miss you a great deal. May our friendship continue to blossom and flourish with time!

I guess that will be all. This list is in fact rather long, but I kept it shorter and hopefully, sweet.

To You out there whose birthday falls on this month but whom I inadvertently omitted, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

<3,
Jessica

1 comment: