Thursday, November 26, 2009

Apple green

So I got a text message from a friend, Ling Ing, one day last week. Nothing out of the ordinary, you may think.

BUT BUT BUT, wait. She asked if I was interested in being a model for a friend's friend who is entering a make-up competition come December 10, 2009.

My first reaction was "What an honour to be thought of highly," and the tiny bit of insecurity, "Err yeah, but why me?" I mean I've never been asked to model anything before, let alone make-up. Apparently, her friend's friend is looking for a model who's tall with big eyes. Sounds like I fit the bill?

The idea was admittedly, tempting. I toyed with it a bit and contemplated helping the girl out. She's a student at this make-up academy somewhere in Puchong (no idea about name) and this competition will give a boost to their exam results. Being a student myself and understanding that very bit, I thought it'd be a really nice thing to do for her.

Told Ling Ing that I'd go with her for the dress hunting and fitting session but with no obligations. I just wanted to find out more about the competition and see how much and to what extent I'd have to go if I were to ultimately decide to take part.

The day came and Ling Ing drove Pauline (her friend to whom she was going to be model for) and myself to a dress cum photography studio-ish place to hunt for the perfect dress.

In the midst of Ling Ing trying out dresses, I was told by Pauline that her friend to whom I might be model for is using apple green coloured make-up.

Being more on the fairer and paler side, I was of the opinion that I would look very washed-out in apple green make-up and wearing, potentially, a dress of the same colour. Err, think old and wilting head of cabbage with yellowish leaves (can't think of a better illustration).

Further, I was told by a make-up artist before that bright coloured make-up are best suited for people with smaller eyes to brighten up the eye area. My eyes are big, so any bright colour would further enhance the size of them and err, the result may be quite over the top and less flattering as compared to that of smaller eyes.

I told her my rationale and asked if it is possible to change the colour used. She said they were assigned their respective colours by their tutor so that cannot be done.

I therefore had no choice but to turn down the offer. :(

Anyway, the day was nevertheless well spent. Gained insights of the behind-the-scenes of a runway make-up show from the girls. Had the best wanton mee I've ever tasted in KL so far. The wantons were generously huge. And got to know a new friend along the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment