Sunday, January 31, 2010

The scary blue ones

This is going to be a bit random, but I've officially added the blue AVATAR characters to my mental list of things that gross me out. To those who know me, I am quite notoriously known for this list. :/

This list has stopped growing for a very long time actually, but the arrival of this movie has inadvertently caused the addition. Gah. (So embarassing! They're just movie characters!)

Anyway, I find the characters oddly human-like and quite realistic in a certain way, which scares me. Their shade of marble-ish blue was appalling, horrifying and overly dramatic, if you ask me.
And their feelings were scarily human-like although they are alien-like. :/


Unbeknownst to my friends, I became slightly faint-hearted when I heard about the USB-like ways in which the blue characters communicate. It was amusing at first, but yeah, the image of them characters doing that in my head was one heck of an ugly one.

As much as I quite like the theme song by Leona Lewis, every time I looked at the screen and I see the characters, I had to look away.

Personally, I haven't watch the movie but I've gotten mixed reviews from my friends who have. They ranged from "Boring, I couldn't wait for it to finish", to "Good, I wouldn't mind catching it again in 3D." Jo Yin even likened the storyline to Pocahontas, which I loved as a little girl. NO......... (in denial)

All in all, I got mostly flat, nonchalant feedbacks. Nothing spectacular.

However, I was really surprised to find that much of the World disagreed with me, as Avatar has already "sunk" one of the greatest movies of all time, Titanic, which coincidentally, shares the same Director as Avatar. Gotta salute that James Cameron. I think he is the only Director in history to have ever enjoyed such smashing success.


So to those of you who rave incessantly about this movie, graphics, theme, and all, I'm sorry I have to beg to differ. There're many out there who do not share my sentiments, but I guess I'm entitled to my own opinion. At the very least.


**********************
Shall update a bit on Wai Yi's birthday next. Have a good week ahead! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment