Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Smiles.


When I was at Notts on Saturday, I went shopping at H & M at their store in Lister Gate.

I needed to hunt for some key pieces for my wardrobe, to exchange a shirt that I bought on their website that came in the wrong size and to return another online purchase.

When I was at the counter, the lady who served me reminded me of someone. Not any ordinary someone, mind you. She bored an uncanny resemblance to a younger NAOMI CAMPBELL, the supermodel!!

The similarities didn't just stop there. She was so tall, I think she'd be at least a 6 footer; and so stylish. She already wore fur! Its not officially winter yet, but one of this season's fall and winter must-have is fur. I have yet to see anyone (let alone a store assistant) wear fur as yet. Her other colleagues were wearing err... the usual attire - leggings or skinnies, long top, cardi, name tag and heels.

She even sashayed gracefully like a model and I wonder if she is one.

At that point, I so wanted to tell her that I think she looks like Naomi Campbell. I deliberated for awhile and thought that I should just say it, as she seemed friendly enough. I'm not usually like that, telling strangers that I think they remind me of someone.

So, after some friendly banter, (the British are very polite people) I said to her, "I think you look like Naomi Campbell!"

And then a smile broke across her face. A very appreciative one. She beamed at me and said "Oh thank you". And she kept on smiling. I could tell that she was very flattered and took it as a compliment. I wonder if anyone has ever told her that.

It was great to make someone so happy even with a simple comment like that.

Just thought I'd add this on as I had forgotten to write this in the previous post. :)

On hindsight, good morning world. It is 9.42a.m. in the UK now. Time to hit the showers!


No comments:

Post a Comment