Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Christmas in York


Pictures in no particular order:


Boating in York.


Boats on the river, but they are not operating as it was Xmas.


The monument to commemorate soldiers who died in the war. If you look closely, you could see artificial poppy flowers wreathes at the foot of the monument.



Here's my gracious hostess in Leeds, Wai Yi, who invited me over to spend Xmas in York with her friend, Han Jin and his family.


Sadly, I didn't manage to take many photos in Leeds because of the lack of quality time spent with the camera. LOL. Nah, I was busy carrying either my luggages or my shopping loots. *smiles sheepishly*



Diagon Alley?


Yorkminster Abbey.


The National Musuem.


This is Clifford's Tower. Picture of the tower below.


Little Shambles - Britain's most picturesque street! This is according to the visityork website. Oh, this is not Diagon Alley by the way. :)


Clifford's Tower.


The partially frozen river.


Again.


Yorkminster, full view.


My gracious host who cooked up a storm for us; carving the roast beef.


Vegetable pasta bake.


Roast turkey!


Jack Daniel's chicken wings.


A group photo. Thanks for the wonderful (and elaborate) meal!


Am now back in Aber, to my homely room with Adeline who came to visit from Bristol.

Next stop for me: London!



No comments:

Post a Comment