Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Therapy!

I had O' Brien's sandwiches on Monday during lunch break. The filling: smoked chicken ham + Romaine lettuce + coleslaw. Tres healthy.


After finishing the sandwiches, I ordered an Irish muffin which arrived warm and soft and full of blueberry bits. Then I slathered some butter on the muffin. *slather slather* Waited for it to melt for a bit and when I bit into the buttered part, it was like heaven, literally. Warmth + fragrant buttered muffin = Happy camper. Haha. It was that good. Pictures ahead.


Mine.


Adeline's.


Steff's.

Ah! I went to Midvalley for sushi at Sushi King that afternoon; Adeline, Evon, Sarah and I. Sushi King had a promotion going on; ALL the sushi on the conveyor belt going for an ultra dirt-cheap price of RM 2 per plate!!!


SALMON...


Ahem.


Pity I didn't take any pictures. Between four of us girls, we had 29 plates of sushi. I repeat, 29. I thought it was quite a feat to achieve but we did it. :P


Then, with our seriously-can't-get-anymore-food-into-our-tummies selves, we headed to the East Atrium of the mall to check out a baby blue whale brought in by National Geographic! It was disappointingly a fake, dummy whale. I honestly thought I'd see a real alive and kicking baby whale on display as the newspaper didn't mention that it'd be just a dummy version of a baby whale. And the fact that this exhibition is organised by Nat Geo made me assume that the whale will be real. Talk about misrepresentation. Eh wait, whales do not kick. My bad.


Major urgh aside, we headed to Isetan at the The Gardens. I tried the SK-II skin-whitening smart chip thingus out of curiosity. This smart-ass smart chip alleged to whiten the skin where the patch is on. The lady tried it on the back of my palm. She applied SK-II's acclaimed facial treatment essence, dropped some whitening spot treatment serum and stuck the smart chip there. She later topped them off with a piece of mask. I had to wait 15 minutes for everything to work its magic.


Anyway, to cut things short, the verdict: It actually worked. The patch of skin on the back of my left palm looked fairer than the one on the right. Thing is you'd have to use it for 6 days to enjoy the full effects. Price: RM300 plus for the smart chip patches. Mad. Nevertheless, it is good for those with pigmentation problem on the facial skin. Hence, it's not for me as I don't have that problem.



The world's largest baby.


After loitering there for a bit, we went to EDC because Evon wanted to hunt for a top she saw last time. She couldn't find it though, sadly. I ended up buying a pair of black skinnies which were too scrumptious and comfortable to resist! A good buy, I must say. Too lazy to take a picture of them. Just wait till I wear them. :P I also got a Robinson's shopping bag on the way back.



I've to succumb to and agree with the words.


Fruitful shopping and full-stomached Me went back happily after that. The trip was pretty therapeutic and de-stressing. I shall indulge more fully in shopping and good food after exams.

Oh meet Sarah's stress-releasing bun. It smells fruity. It's a fake bun, of course.



Mr. Bun, your bun-face makes me feel like smacking you.




Au revoir.


















3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH JESS!
    Evon went to look for a top she wanted and YOU came out with black skinnies!
    The chips look measly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Yeah so typical of me to buy something unexpectedly. Yeah they are plain salted chips. Not exactly my favourite. :/ At least the sandwiches are good. I shall look for you after exams. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA the bun comment is so funny, i didnt know you wrote so much already! *continues reading*

    ReplyDelete