Friday, August 7, 2009

It has been tooooooooo long

Since I last updated my blog.

Much has been going on! Especially at work. Hence explaining the lack of updates cos I'd have to let the old, tired, bone-cracking, body rest after a gruelling (at times la) 8am-5pm schedule every weekday. Oh, and not forgetting 1st and 3rd Saturdays. My deepest apologies to you guys.

And having worked for 3 months already, I am going to stop at the end of this month. Having mixed feelings and thoughts about it though. The boss had kinda hinted that I would be real bored at home for the most part of Sept until the 24th of the same month, which is the date that I'll be going back to KL (take note, you-know-whos). I was happy and somewhat touched when she said to feel free to come back again next year during the hols.

Anyway, I do agree with boss. The idea of working is actually more appealing than just staying at home and doing basically... nothing of great importance. Guess I could do some manicure and baking. More me-time in other words. And hopping out of bed later in the day which is a relief. And of course, have more time and energy to update this blog! Haha. But the downside is inevitable if you're not at work:


1. High possibility of gaining weight

2. Boredom

3. More boredom

4. Aimless moping around.


In the meantime, I am actually enjoying my work tremendously. And I do mean tremendously. The satisfaction you get when you get your work done, when datelines are met, when the boss is pleased with your performance ever so slightly is just priceless. Gawd, it is even fun sometimes when you rush about getting things organised. The experience is just exciting and eye-opening.

I am currently working on something rather challenging (talking from a 1st year's point of view). I am helping my boss with a Bankruptcy case and I am working on the submission for it. I get to do a real submission. For her to use in the Court. *gulps* It is my biggest assignment to date and I am determined not to disappoint. Things have been smooth-sailing so far and I've put in a lot of thought and research into this and hoping to finalise everything with boss by next week. :) I found out also that the Lawyer for the Defendant is a Junior Lawyer. My boss, in a friendly telephone conversation with him, actually drifted off from their initial topic to ask how much experience did he had!!!!! He was nice about it and said he had had only 7 months experience as a Lawyer. 7 months and already doing an argumentative case in Court is pretty impressive if you ask me.


Nuff said about work. I have an annoucement to make!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No, I am not getting married.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, I am not becoming a vegan.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No, I am not adopting a child from Malawi.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I am going to be a Yogi!
:D
While toying with the idea of going for Yoga classes, I got myself a Yoga mat last month to start the ball rolling. For those of you who don't know, I have wanted to learn Pilates since about last year-ish. It is definitely too expensive to learn in KL (counting in transportation as well) and there isn't any place to learn in Miri. Darn. So I opted to go for the closest to Pilates, that is Yoga. I've already enrolled myself for the classes at a studio near my place and my first class will be this coming Monday. So looking forward to it! I do need the exercise.

I shall blog more on Saturday or Sunday. Bedtime soon cos am working half day tomorrow.
Stay tuned ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment